Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Way You Make Me Feel: 28 Weeks

I can't believe the third trimester has begun!  I feel fantastic and rarely feel pregnant, but then I feel my sweet girl tickling my hips to remind me.  I've noticed I have to look on either side of my belly now to see my feet instead of just looking down to see them, and putting on socks is increasingly difficult.  Her kicks have started to get much stronger this week; they almost hurt at times, but mostly just startle me.

Poppyseed and I have really started to bond and get to know each other in the last couple of weeks.  She's very responsive to my voice and wakes up when I talk to her.  She's also got her Papa wrapped around her fingers already!  She's getting used to his voice as well and loves to kick his face when he tries to hear her heartbeat.  Many mornings before getting out of bed, we'll talk to her to wake her up and she'll play with us by kicking and punching.

We're beginning to write up the birth plan, go over details, and discuss my preferences for labor and birth with my doctors, which is so exciting, but a bit of a headache.  Lately I've been feeling like it's me against "The Machine" as far as hospital policy goes.  I really trust my body and Poppyseed to bring about and transition through labor when she's ready, but I'm so afraid I'll be strong-armed into accepting interventions that I'd rather not have.  That said, I realize Poppyseed is relying on me to make wise decisions for us so I will certainly be flexible.  I really want a natural birth, but the most important thing is a healthy baby.  Josh has really held me steady lately, encouraging me and reminding me that no one will force me to do anything I don't want to do.  I'd be going berserk without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment