Today Josh and I went to our first prenatal appointment. There wasn't much to it, we met my new midwife, lightly went over each of our personal and family histories, got a prescription for prenatals, asked a few questions and I had to give up two vials of blood. I was a basketcase all morning since I really don't like needles. Josh helped calm me down though, I'm so glad he was there. I did really well and the nurse who took my blood was very gentle and really sweet.
We also got an official due date! Poppyseed is due April 30, 2010, although I think Poppyseed will be a May baby. Josh is hoping so too, since that's the month he was born. I'll be calling the doctor's office tomorrow morning about the blood test to confirm that we are actually pregnant. I'm getting pretty nervous that the results will be negative...
Our next appointment is September 9, 2009 when we'll do all the major bloodwork. I'm dreading that, but of course it's worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment